Are you searching for the best hosting services in Malaysia for your new blog? Looking for a reliable website host is a tough one, since there are tons of agencies and plans around offering quality services. Before taking any step with regards to this, it’s best to read basic information first.
Below are 4 different types of servers that you must be aware of.
- Dedicated server. Choose a dedicated server if you want the space to be yours 100%. In this type of setup, you are the only user that would occupy the machine. There is no need to share resources with other website owners.
- Cloud servers. A cloud server is similar to that of VPS, in a way that you are sharing the resources with many different websites. The main difference? The service would come from a wide range of servers, located all over the country and the world.
- Shared servers. A shared server is a popular option for newbie bloggers and online business owners because of its affordable price. It involves a physical machine holding hundreds of different websites sharing the same bandwidth and data. The downside is that if another website sharing the same sever suddenly experiences a traffic spike, it will surely impact your website performance.
- VPS, or Virtual private server. Just like in shared hosting, VPS houses several different websites in a single machine. However, every website is given a particular chunk of resources. That beings aid, no matter how much traffic a website receives, it wouldn’t affect the other resources.
How would you know which one is right for you?
Here are some questions that can help you out.
- Do you need to use ecommerce features? If yes, find a website host offering dedicated IP, SSL certification and shopping cart software installation.
- What exactly are our web hosting needs? Will your website require custom script or special software? How much traffic are you expecting to get?
- How crucial is uptime for you? See to it that the website hosting provider you pick can ensure an acceptable uptime.